Got any skin concerns? Confused about when to take help from a skin doctor? This post highlights the top reasons for seeing a skin doctor first instead of a general physician and self-diagnosis on Google.
Most patients first seek medical help from primary healthcare physicians as they can handle simple, common skin health issues. To start with, seeing a primary care provider is the best thing to do. But, primary care providers may not be a help in all cases. When one suspects a serious skin issue or wants a quick diagnosis and effective treatment for his/her problem, it’s important to set up a consultation with an experienced skin specialist. According to skin doctor in Bangalore, Dr. Rajdeep Mysore at Charma Clinic, ‘A skin specialist is an expert dermatologist who has extensive knowledge, training, and experience in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of all skin problems.’ It is important to take help from them when one needs to get effective treatment and diagnosis of one’s overall dermatological issues.
Some skin issues like mild acne, rosacea, warts, minor skin rashes, bug bites, athlete’s foot, mild, benign skin lesions, and dandruff are possible to be treated by a general physician. But, if these problems worsen or the treatment provided is not working out, it’s time to take the help of a skin doctor. It becomes necessary to see a dermatologist to get a quick answer to any skin issue having a systematic component or skin problem that affects a significant percentage of the body.
A skin doctor can help early spot any skin problem that one might think to be harmless and even diagnose and treat skin cancer. Here are a few skin conditions that indicate the necessity of taking the help of a skin doctor:
- A mole that is changing its shape or/and size- It's crucial to visit a skin doctor every year to get a thorough skin exam or skin cancer screening. If there are any changes in the size, colour, or shape of the moles or when the mole bleeds, itches, hurts, scabs, or has become a non-healing sore, it becomes extremely important to see a skin expert to check for cancer.
- Stubborn acne and acne scarring- A skin doctor can provide an appropriate, more effective, personalised treatment regimen for acne and acne scarring. Also, a skin doctor can help clearly identify real acne and easily distinguish it from a skin condition that resembles acne.
- Pimples that one needs to get rid of fast- Simply visiting a skin doctor can help reduce inflammation and discomfort caused by pimples and even facilitate the healing process.
- Dry, itchy, and irritated skin- Usually, it’s eczema. If one experiences it for more than a week, a skin doctor must be consulted to correctly diagnose the skin problem and alleviate it.
- Rough, scaly patches on the body- Mostly, the culprit is psoriasis. If one is suffering from it, help can be taken from a skin doctor who can recommend specific, tailored skin treatments.
- Skin spots or patches that appear lighter or darker than the rest of the body's skin- Often, dark/light skin spots/patches are harmless and considered an aesthetic skin concern. A skin doctor can help assess these spots/patches, determine if these are a cause of concern, and reduce their appearance.
- Persistent skin redness and flushed appearance- This could be a result of rosacea. If one is experiencing this, it’s necessary to take the help of a skin doctor who can recommend specific treatment as per the unique situation or needs of the patient.
One must note that the skin is the most exposed body layer, making it prone to several issues. It is to be noted that internal body effects are often reflected on the skin, hair, and nails. Hence it is important to consult with the best dermatologist in Bangalore like Dr. Rajdeep Mysore to get healthy skin and an overall healthy body and to live a healthy life with beautiful skin!
Request A Consultation
Eczema is a general name for a group of skin......
Acne is a common skin complaint characterised by the clogging......